I am in transit again, this time in a car, listening to nerd rock and watching rain splatter against the sun roof. I'm on my way to Long Island for a few days to stay with my grandparents. My aunt and uncle are taking shifts driving, and this car is filled with so much caffeine. Sort of necessary when I didn't finally crash onto my bed until around 3:30 this morning.

As much as I love the feeling of airports and being on the train, I also love the anticipation the night before. Unfortunately, that usually adds to my already irritating habit of not sleeping very much. I know I'll be up late the night before every trip, so I usually save all of my packing until the night before. I then proceed to stay up, throwing things into a suitcase and chatting on skype. It's a system that works for me; I don't agonize about packing for weeks, and I don't have trouble sleeping in the car.

I love road trips. I like the possibility of everywhere we stop. I like the junk food and the enormous cups of coffee. I like the incredible playlists.

I wish I could find a job that involved road trips. Lots of them. Not commutes, road trips.

Professional nomad.

[rockets&dinosaurs]
Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-decorating for Finals

Oh, hi there!