Poughkeeeeeeepsie

My New Year's resolution is to take more pictures, specifically self portraits.  I want to take a self portrait every week for an entire year, one that I'm really proud of.
They will probably all be better than this.

Anyway, three of my best friends and I are already home from school, and our other best friend finished her last exam yesterday.  We decided to go get her and bring her home together.  It's a nearly two hour drive, though, so we had to amuse ourselves.
Kaitlyn, upon entering the car, was immediately smothered in hugs.
We haven't seen each other in a month, so it was a pretty emotional reunion.
I got to see her dorm without the aid of Skype for the first time, which was awesome.


 Kaitlyn reads this blog, and got inspired to do her own version of my wall decorations.
 She also did some circles on her roommate's side of the room,
 using some...*cough*...interesting circles.
At least her roommate can be safe and decorative!
 After crowding in for some...attractive group photos,
 We headed down the street for delicious all-you-can-eat sushi.  I would just like to take this moment to say that if you have not been to The Sushi House in Poughkeepsie, you need to go.  This restaurant is amazing.  They have an all-you-can-eat sushi option for only $19.95.  I was going to go for the regular menu, because I wanted hot food as well, but it turns out that nearly their entire menu is on the all-you-can-eat menu.  We got tempura, chicken, spring rolls, green tea ice cream, and around 65 pieces of sushi.  It was a college kid's dream.  The only catch?  If you don't eat it, you pay more for it.
 After some shenanigans around campus, we piled back into Ingrid (our affectionate name for Hannah's car).

The drive back took a lot longer than the drive there, thanks to Hannah's GPS, but I wasn't complaining.
 There's something about being in a warm car with your best friends late at night that feels like home.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-decorating for Finals

Oh, hi there!